Leonid Plekhanov is a Russian award-winning artist with a developed, authentic and recognizable style, yet he continues to experiment with his painting technique to create an emotional interaction between his painting and the viewer.
His experimental approach is based on both artistic and scientific background: Leonid earned a Masters of Science in applied physics and mathematics (MIPT), which leads to a unique appearance in each new painting. He also studied academic art, but he’s still able to balance that ability to develop each new piece as if he has never painted before. It gives Leonid a life experience each time that keeps him alert and aware when he is painting.
- 2019 — Best Water in the 2019 PleinAir Salon June/July competition (9th Annual PleinAir Salon Competition) for the painting The Source
- 2019 — Finalist of the 14th International ARC Salon Competition
- 2019 — Annual Finalist (Top-25) for the 8th Annual PleinAir Salon Art Competition from PleinAir Magazine! (for the painting Worlds of childhood)
- 2019 — Finalist in the March 2019 BoldBrush Painting Competition for the painting Anne
- 2018 — Best Oil in the 2018 PleinAir Salon April/May competition for the painting Worlds of childhood
2019: Repin Art Institute (Russian Academy of Arts), Saint Petersburg, Russia — Summer School Program on Academic Painting and Drawing
2018-2019: Iconography and Academic drawing in ‘Dionysius’ Iconography school under supervision of Moscow Theological Academy, Moscow, Russia
1999-2005: Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT), Department of Physical and Quantum Electronics, Master of Science